Select Page

First of all, we have a preliminary understanding of whey protein. This part comes from Baidu Encyclopedia.

  1. What is whey protein: whey protein is a precious protein separated and extracted from milk by advanced technology. It is promoted as the “king of protein” because of its high purity, high absorption rate, the most reasonable amino acid composition and many other advantages. Whey protein is not only easy to digest, but also has high biological value, high efficiency, high protein efficiency ratio and high utilization rate. It is a high-quality protein. It is recognized as one of the high-quality protein supplements for human body. In the composition of milk, 87% is water and 13% is milk solid. However, 27% of milk solids are milk protein, only 20% of milk protein is whey protein, and the other 80% are casein, so the content of whey protein in milk is only 0.7%

Classification of whey protein powder:

1) Concentrated whey protein WPC powder

After drying whey directly, whey powder can be obtained. The whey protein is very low, generally more than 10% and no more than 30%. Whey protein concentrate is the product of whey after clarification, ultrafiltration and drying. Products with protein concentration ranging from 34-80% can be obtained with different filtration degrees.

2) Whey protein isolate (WPI)

Isolated whey protein is a high-purity whey protein obtained by further processing on the basis of concentrated whey protein, and the purity can reach more than 90%. Its price is expensive, 2-3 times that of concentrated whey protein, but it is also easier to digest and absorb. The real beauty of isolated whey protein lies in its nutritional value. It has a high content of high-quality protein, which can provide high-quality protein for some people with specific needs, such as infants and hospitalized patients. In addition, bioactive compounds contained in whey protein were isolated, such as α- Lactalbumin and β-* Crab * protein, lactoferrin and immunoglobulin have injected fresh vitality into the market.

With years of hard work and professional study in the fitness industry, I will give you an in-depth analysis of the classification, price and cost performance of various whey proteins.